Rupali Bank

Rupali Bank Limited

Phone: +880-2-9551624-25, 9554122, 9552163, 9552183, 9552184, 9551840, 9552214, 9552301, 9551525, 9552743, 9552746, 9551471, 9555093-4 (PABX)
Fax: +880-2-95694089
Head Office
34, Dilkusha Commercial Area,
Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh.
Known As
Stock Code

Rupali Bank Limited was established in a newly independent country of Bangladesh as a Nationalized Commercial Bank in the year 1972. RBL emerged through merger of three comparatively smaller private banks of the then East Pakistan. The three banks namely, Muslim Commercial Bank Ltd. Australasia Bank Ltd. and Standard bank Ltd. with all their assets, liabilities, benefits, rights, powers, authorities, and obligations, merged into one by the Bangladesh Bank (Nationalization) Order 1972 ( P.O.No. 26, 1972). Rupali Bank Ltd. came out as the largest public limited banking company of Bangladesh on 14 December, 1986.

Capital Structure of the bank is summarized below:

  • Authorized capital : Tk.7000 Million (US $ 120.70 Million)
  • Paid up capital : Tk.1250 Million (US$ 21.55 Million)
  • 93.11% of shares are owned by the government while the rest 6.89% are owned by private share holders.

General Banking

Rupali Bank provides all general banking services to its clients through its 492 branches all over the country. These are deposit schemes of different categories like Savings, Current, Short Notice, Time, Festival, DPS and Call deposits.

Other banking services like issuance of Demand Draft, Pay Order, Telegraphic Transfer, mail Transfer and Transfer on standing instruction are also offered by RBL.

To provide fast and quality services RBL has introduced One Stop Service in several Dhaka branches. The branches are Local Office, Ibrahim Mansion Corporate branch, Motijheel Corporate branch, TCB Bhaban branch, Gulshan branch, Mohammadpur Ladies branch, Rupali Sadan branch and Farmgate branch.

RBL, as a modern Banker has started computerization of its systems. In the mean time it has digitized all major branches and the rest are in progress.

Credit Facility

Rupali Bank extends its credit services to entrepreneurs in almost all economic sectors of Bangladesh including trade, commerce and industry. International trade of export and import is also properly addressed in this service.

The economy of Bangladesh is much dependent on agriculture and obviously RBL puts proper emphasis on agriculture and livestock, dairy and poultry, fishery and hatchery etc.

Thrust Sectors as declared by the government, get deserved attention from the bank. All these credit programs are processed according to the rules and guide lines set by Bangladesh Bank, the central bank of Bangladesh.

Industrialization of Bangladesh is marching forward on strong footing and Rupali Bank is one of the active partners on this journey. It has taken effective programs to finance deserving entrepreneurs in private sector. More over its foreign investment friendly steps are appreciated by all corners. The bank’s credit schemes prioritize thrust sectors like Textile, Jute, Leather, Leather goods, frozen and Semi cooked Shrimps, Foot wear, Knit Garments and SME enterprises. IT sector is one of the priority fields of RBL.

Rupali Bank participates in joint venture and consortium financing programs to implement large scale projects.

Foreign Currency Account

Expatriate Bangladeshis and foreigners staying in Bangladesh are now getting the opportunity to open an account in RBL to deposit and withdraw foreign currency. Several Dealer Branches are authorized to open such accounts. A Bangladeshi citizen who traveled abroad for short time and came back with some foreign currency may have a private FC Account, provided he declared the amount to the Custom authority at his entry port.

Services to the society

Rupali Bank provides loan to brilliant but poor students to help completing their education. After being provided to a job he or she is to pay the loan back.

Rupali Monthly Earning Scheme (RMES) is targeted to the elderly citizens of the society who would be retired in near future and won’t have a source of income.

Rupali Bank receives utility bills of Electricity, Telephone, Natural gas, and Water supply of the citizens without any fee. So it can be said that being a State owned bank RBL has never forgotten its responsibility to the society it operates in.