Bangladesh Development Bank Limited
Bangladesh Development Bank Limited (BDBL) is fully state owned Commercial Bank of Bangladesh. In addition commercial banking, BDBL provides financial and technical assistance to broaden the private as well as public sector industrial base of the country. It prioritizes, especially, Export Oriented/Export Linkage industrial units, Efficient Import Substitution, Joint Ventures, Commercialization of local technology and promotion of agro-based industry.
To emerge as the country’s prime Financial Institution for supporting private sector industrial and other projects of great significance to the country’s economic development. Also be active participant in commercial banking by introducing new lines of product and providing excellent services to the customers.
- To be competitive with other Banks and Financial Institutions in rendering services ;
- To contribute to the country’s socio-economic development by identifying new and profitable areas for investment ;
- To mobilise deposit for productive investment ;
- To expand branch network in commercially and geographically important places ;
- To employ quality human resources and enhance their capability through motivation and right –type of training at home and abroad.
- To delegate maximum authority ensuring proper accountability ;
- To maintain continuous improvement and up-gradation in business policies and procedures ;
- To adopt and adapt to new technology ;
- To maximize profit by strong, efficient and prudent financial performance ; and
- To introduce new product lines according to market needs.
Customer focus: Provide smart, efficient, transparent and courteous services. Social Responsibility: Practise corporate social responsibility.
- Invest in Eco – friendly industries that help mitigate environmental degradation by lending more for renewable energy, and effluent treatment plants and other projects that employ energy efficient low-emission technologies including agro-based industries, small power projects, ICT, transport and infrastructure projects.
- Select and invest industrial projects where locational advantages like local availability of raw materials, good infrastructural facilities (road communication, transport facilities, etc.) and utilities (power, gas, water, etc.) shall be available.
- Limit project loan to Tk. 15 crore maximum and Tk.2 crore minimum (for large projects). Arrange and participate in syndicated loan for projects above Tk. 15 crore.
- Identify prospective and potential entrepreneurs and investors/ clients and motivate, guide and help them select profitable industrial venture for investment.
- Regularly publish financial disclosures.
- Undertake from time to time SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity and Threats) analysis for reviewing bank’s market position.