IFIC disburses loans among women entrepreneurs
The International Finance and Investment Corporation (IFIC) bank has disbursed Tk 31 lakhs loans to 16 associations of ‘Joyita’, a sales outlet of women entrepreneurs from 180 associations from grassroots level to market their products. Bangladesh Bank supervised the programme.
Gradually, the IFIC bank will disburse more loans to the rest of the 180 member associations of Joyita, Dr Atiur Rahman, Governor of Bangladesh Bank (BB) said while speaking during a loan disbursement programme at a city shopping mall Thursday.
The Governor mentioned that BB has disbursed Tk 4,500 crore at 10 percent interest among 35,000 women
entrepreneurs under 130 categories through banks and financial institutions during the last two years.
Directorate of Women Affairs launched ‘Joyita,’ an exceptional sales outlet of 139 stalls under Women Entrepreneur Development Initiative project. The organisation has been marketing products manufactured by grassroots level women entrepreneurs since November 16, 2011 at RAPA Plaza in Dhanmondi.
The government bears 60 percent of the stall’s rents while women entrepreneurs pay the rest 40 percent. However, the entrepreneurs enjoy the total sales proceeds.
The Independent/Bangladesh/ 3rd June 2012