Senior Project Officer (Energy)
Asian Development Bank;
- Company Description:
- The ADB-Bangladesh Resident Mission (BRM) was established to assist its Headquarters in the implementation of projects and programs, in project processing, country programming, and economic and sector work. It also coordinates ADB's activities with other resident diplomatic and donor missions, NGDs, academic institutions, local think tanks, private sector and other members of the civil society.
- Job Description:
- Description of Responsibilities
- Contributes to the Resident Mission (RM) by handling loan,rfechnical Assistance (TA) processing and administration, portfolio management, sector work, and other general sector activities, covering public and private sector operations, with focus on assigned sector(s).
- Takes the lead role in the administration of assigned loans and TAs, and support role in processing of assigned loans and TAs Assists in administration of non-delegated renewable energy sector projects; assists in overall monitoring of the status and performance of the ADB's Bangladesh portfolio (delegated and non-delegated projects); and undertakes sector work, including in the areas of programming, processing and analysis, For more details about the position, visit www.adb.org/Employment/NSAS/defaut.asp
- Reporting Arrangement
- Supervisor. Country Director and/or designated International Staff
- The following staff positions may be supervised by the incumbent:
- Administrative Staff
- Job Level: Mid
Thursday Jun 21, 2012 · 535 days left
- Bachelor's degree in related disciplines; preferably with Masters Degree or equivalent.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in project management and implementation, and at least 4 years of supervisory experience.
- Selection Criteria
- Specific criteria include
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level
- Demonstrated expertise and experience within the assigned sector
- Experience & knowledge of various stages of the project cycle (project planning / feasibility analysis 1 detailed design / project implementation construction supervision 1 contract management) is desirable
- Sound knowledge of government administrative systems and procedures
- Familiarity with accepted best practices of procurement and disbursement processes
- Effective report-writing and communication skills in English
- Able to mentor junior National Staff (NS) and Administrative Staff (AS) to facilitate work planning, delivery and quality review
- Able to liaise and work effectively with government officials within own work location
- Able to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- ADB offers a competitive salary and benefits package applicable to local staff.
- While the position advertised is for the Bangladesh Resident Mission, ADB staff may be required to serve in any location outside the Resident Mission at the discretion of Management.
- To apply, visit http://www.adb.org/Employment/NSAS/defaut.asp
- Deadline for applications is on: 21 June 2012
- Vacancy Reference Number: ADB-HR-12-0435
- The Asian Development Bank's vision is a region free of poverty. Established in 1966 and headquartered in Manila, Philippines, ADB's multicultural staff come from over 50 member countries. - The advertised position is a local staff position with a local remuneration package.
- It is open only to persons who are nationals and residents of Bangladesh. - The position is for a 3-year fixed term appointment.
- The Daily Star